Swarthout's Annual Take A Child Fishing Derby
Our next Take A Child Fishing Derby Is JUNE 24, 2017
2017 Derby REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN
PLEASE READ FIRST!!!
Please Read The Rules & Regulations, Waver OF Liability and Media Release.
before proceeding To The Registration Form.
You may pre-register your child online using the form below. You will still need to personally sign a paper form on or before derby day. Participants ages 13-15 must show proof of age.
You will still need to bring your child to Swarthout's Bait & Tackle Shop prior to fishing for check in and goody bag. Participants not checked in ON the morning of the derby will not be eligible for grand prizes.The derby is a private event as of derby day and not open to the public. Please be sure to have all information submitted before 5pm on the day before the derby.
Participants must be checked in by 9am on Derby Day
Swarthout's Annual Take A Child Fishing DerbyItinerary June 24, 20177:00am-3:00pm
*7:00a.m - 9:00a.m - Check In At Swarthout's Bait & Tackle Shop*7:00a.m-11:00a.m - Fishing; Any Location*11:00a.m - 12:00p.m - Fish Weight In Private Party For Participants & Family/Lunch Following (No Public Access, must have wrist band )*12:30p.m Group Picture - Parents and chaperons Invited *1:00p.m. Awards & Prizes Issued to ALL participants
Fundraiser Raffles, 50/50 and Chinese Auction Following
- Rules & Regulations
- Check in begins at 7:00a.m. and ends at 9:00am. We will not accept any check ins after 9am. Children and accompanying adults must come to Swarthout's Bait & Tackle Shop prior to fishing, for check in and to receive the morning prize bag. Children participating must be present at check in. Pre-registering does not count as check in.
- Children may fish between the hours of 7:00a.m. and 11:00a.m. ONLY on derby day. All participants should be back to Swarthout's Bait & Tackle Shop by 11:00a.m. Weigh ins will be taken between 11:00a.m. and 12:00p.m. only, Whether you are walking or driving, we will not be able to take weigh ins after 12:00p.m. to keep things fair and running smooth and on time.
- Our fishing derby is for children 2 - 15 years of age. Birth Certificates (Proof of age) must be presented for children 13 - 15, however we reserve the right to ask for proof of age in any age group.
- Only Sunfish and Blue gill are eligible. Absolutely NO other species will qualify for the competition. We ask that no other species be brought back to the shop during the derby. This will eliminate confusion and problems.
- Grand Prize winners will be determined by the combined weight of a maximum of (2) two large sunfish or bluegill. Please bring back to the shop only two qualifying fish for each participant. Size WILL matter!!!!
- All Participants must be accompanied by a supervising adult.
- Volunteers may be available at select fishing areas for help, Q&A’s and enforcement of rules and regulations. Anyone in violation of the rules will result in the disqualification of the participant from grand prizes.
- Participant’s must catch their own fish. Normal teaching techniques, such as lessons or assistance in catching or reeling in a catch are more than acceptable. However, adults catching fish for participants with the intention of increasing the participants odds of winning grand prizes, is unfair and teaches the child bad sportsmanship. Please allow your child to learn from this wonderful family time experience by winning fairly. If your child is going to take a grand prize home let him/her feel proud that they did it themselves. Accompanying adults caught fishing for a participant, will result in the unfortunate disqualification of that participant from grand prizes. Suspected cheating will be investigated before issuing grand prizes to that participant. Let’s keep it honest and fair, everyone is going home with a prize after all. IT’S NOT ABOUT WINNING!!!
- All fish presented must be freshly caught the day of the derby, alive is preferred. No frozen or deteriorating (fish dead for more than a couple hours, dried or preserved) fish will be accepted. Swarthout's Bait & Tackle Shop owners and volunteers reserve the right to inspect fish for freshness, freezing or added weight, negative findings will result in the participant’s disqualification from grand prizes as well as future derby participation.
- Absolutely NO awards or prizes will be given prior to the award ceremony and in the order the organizers have put names in between at 1:00p.m. Please remember that this a free event that we hold because we enjoy it and want to make a difference. Please do not allow your child to approach volunteers or organizers requesting prizes. The organizers of the derby take great pride and exhausting months of planning to make our derby a success. Our derby is personal and close to our hearts. The only thing we ask in return for this free community event is that the children have a great day and that we are thanked by seeing the smiles on the children’s faces as they receive their award and prizes. Please do not ask us to forfeit this for any reason. Additionally no prizes will be issued after the derby or in days following the derby. Please plan on staying for the conclusion of the derby as all participants MUST be present to be eligible for all awards and prizes, leaving early forfeits all eligibility with no exceptions.
- Meal tickets will be issued to participants and ALL family members/Chaperones attending the celebration party when you arrive back for weigh ins, FREE of charge. We provide an adequate meal of 2 hot dogs, a scoop each of baked beans and fruit, a bag of potato chips and a beverage of your choice. We have limited supplies; we regret that we will be unable to replace lost/stolen tickets with new tickets. Lost/stolen tickets will be replaced at a minimal fee of $1.50 each meal ticket. Additional tickets can be purchased at $1.50 for a full meal ticket or .50 cents for additional individual food and beverage tickets.
Rules and Regulations are subject to change at anytime without notice, by Swarthout's Bait & Tackle Shop.
Please take a moment to consider all of the hard work and effort put forth to make this FREE event happen for your children. As much as we hate to issue these rules, we are forced to, due to previous years issues. We realize that most of our participant’s families/Chaperones value what we are doing and apologize that you must take part in reading such common sense rules. Please take a moment to thank all of our organizers, volunteers and donators for their conviction and eagerness to make a difference in the lives of your children.